Scrile Connect is a global company. By using our platform, you agree that your personal information that you provide directly to us or that we collect through your use of the platform, may be transferred to and stored on the servers located in the United States or European Union and handled as described in this Policy.
Information You Provide Through Your Account
This is information that you provide to us through text fields, such as your name, payment information and benefits. The information we collect differs depending on if you make an account, become a customer, or become a Creator.
- Email address
- State and Country of Residence.
You may also sign up using a Facebook or Twitter account. We will ask permission to access basic information from your Facebook or Twitter account, such as your name, email, and profile picture. You can choose to stop sharing that information with us at any time by going to Facebook or Twitter to remove Scrile Connect's access to that account and your ability to log in.
You also have the option to add more information to your public profile, such as a location, social media links and an about section, which we store along with any comments or messages you submit on Scrile Connect.
A customer is someone who joins Scrile Connect's membership platform to support a Creator's content. As a customer you must provide your payment information to our payment processors. At this time, Scrile Connect does not receive your full card number. Payment processors provide us with a token that represents your account, your card's expiration date, card type and the last four digits of your card number. If you are required to provide your name and email address to the payment processor, then they also provide us with that information.
We collect and process information about the Creators you support, the level at which you support them, what benefits you receive and how often you support them. As a customer, if you select a benefit tier with a physical benefit, then you have to provide your shipping information so the Creator can ship you the benefit.
A Creator is someone who creates and provides content for their customers through Scrile Connect's membership platform. To become a Creator, you must create a page that describes what you are creating and any benefits you are offering. To receive payouts you have to create an account with one of our payment partners: PayPal, or Payoneer. We may also require your bank account information to process payouts. You must also provide us with additional information for tax purposes. Depending on your location you may have to fill out a form with some combination of your:
- Legal name
- Social security number or employer identification number
- Country of citizenship
- Foreign tax identification number
- Date of birth
- Your nonprofit registration number, if you are a nonprofit business
Additional Information We Collect
Automatically Collected Information
We collect information automatically as you navigate the site or through our third party analytics providers. We may store usage information such as the type of device you use to access Scrile Connect, your operating system, browser type, IP address, and device ID, the pages you visit or request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We also derive your location from your self-disclosed country, your IP address, and from your payment card.
Forums and Messaging
When you participate in a forum, we collect the comments you make as well as record how many times users visit, the activity on the site, where users have replied, with whom they've communicated, private messages, IP address, and from which location the user was last logged in.
From time to time, we may solicit your participation in user surveys. To the extent that you participate, we will store your responses.
At in-person events, we may request information from you. This is done to better tailor the event experience to those in attendance. This information may include your name, email address, payment details, mobile phone number and QR code, social media and other online accounts you maintain, details around the types of works you create, and survey or feedback responses.
Information Collected by Third Parties
Social Media Features and Widgets
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
How We Use Your Information
We process your information to:
- verify your identity to comply with federal laws
- provide Scrile Connect services to you
- allow you to sign in to your account
- allow you to join a Creator's membership program on Scrile Connect
- process a Creator's membership payments
- send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences
- reply to your questions
- market Scrile Connect to you, as controlled by your email preferences
- understand how you use the service and create better tools for Creators to serve customers
- conduct research and development to improve Scrile Connect and develop future products
- prevent fraud and abuse on Scrile Connect
- ship merchandise to you if a benefit includes it
Information We Share with Creators
By becoming a customer of a Creator, you agree to have the following information shared with that Creator:
- your name and email address, and other profile information you've provided
- any messages you send Creators through Scrile Connect
- your physical address, city, state, country, and phone number, if you have signed up for a benefit that requires shipping
- all information about your payment, including amount and start date, but not your full payment card information
- some aggregated and anonymized data about how you use Scrile Connect that cannot be linked back to you or to any individual user
Information We Share with Third Parties
We never sell your information to third parties. We will only share data with third parties, other than with Creators, under the following circumstances:
- with your consent, with service providers used by Creators to deliver benefits, such as to ship packages to you. You should read these service providers' privacy policies to see how they use and share your data.
- with our service providers, who are companies that are contractually engaged with us to provide us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management, analyzing data trends, credit card processing and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to your data to perform their services, and are obligated by contract to safeguard any of your data they receive from us to the same extent that Scrile Connect protects it.
- to protect the security or integrity of Scrile Connect, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scrile Connect, its employees, users, or others, if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or other valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on Scrile Connect). If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Information We Share with the Public
The following information is publicly accessible:
- your profile, and your social media links and location if you add that information
- the Creators you support
- any posts, likes, or comments you make
- your aggregated or anonymized usage data in blog posts, press releases, or in other ways to share information about Scrile Connect's usage. Aggregated or anonymized data cannot be linked back to any individual Scrile Connect user.
- monthly payment value and goals that Creators choose to make public
- number of customers
Your Preferences and Rights over Data
Your Preferences and Rights over Data
The Settings link is located by clicking on your avatar or profile at the top right hand of your screen. Settings lets you see your account preferences. You can see and adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if you wish, by changing your selections.
We do not send marketing emails unless you explicitly consent to receiving them. These marketing emails do not require a Scrile Connect account. You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Accessing or Updating the Information in Your Account
You can access and update certain information associated with your account on the settings pages.
Disabling or Deleting Your Account
You can disable your account if you go to your account settings while you are logged into Scrile Connect. When you disable your account, we immediately remove your ability to log in. Even if an account is disabled, some information may be retained by our analytics providers on their own servers. You may also self-initiate a deletion of your account directly at privacy.scrile.com. To delete a previously-disabled account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turning off Email Notifications
You can change your email notifications in your email settings. While this allows you to stop many notification emails, we will still send some critical service emails.
Compliance with EU Privacy Laws and Privacy Shield
Scrile Connect is an international company that complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We act as Data Controllers, as defined under the GDPR, and process personal data based on our legitimate interests, and for contractual necessity in providing you the Service as described in "How We Use Your Information." We also process and share personal information based on notification and users' consent, which our users may revoke at any time. We apply the same principles of privacy protection to all of our users, not just to data subjects in the EU and UK.
Exercising Your Data Rights
Users in certain locations may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding data that Scrile Connect controls as a Data Controller as defined under the GDPR, including:
- the right of access to their personal data;
- the right to correct or rectify any inaccurate personal data;
- the right to restrict or oppose the processing of personal data;
- the right to erase or delete their personal data;
- the right to personal data portability; and
- the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
You can exercise rights over your data on Scrile Connect in the following ways:
By emailing Scrile Connect: email@example.com
By physical mail: 690 S Highway 89, Suite 200, Jackson, WY
Prohibition against Discrimination
We do not discriminate against users who exercise their privacy rights.
Our Data Retention Period
We retain your information for ten years after your account is last active, unless you delete, or you request us to delete, your account.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it. You can learn more on our Security Policy page.
Scrile Connect is not directed at children under the age of 13, and children may not create an account or otherwise use Scrile Connect.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email in advance of the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Scrile Connect after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective immediately for users joining Scrile Connect on or after February 24, 2020.